The MSc in Mechanical Engineering has a workload of 120 ECTS credits. The first three semesters contain both core courses (mandatory for all students) that lay the foundation for the remainder of the program, and elective courses that can be selected according to the student’s preference. The last semester is dedicated to an internship experience and to the thesis. The final exam consists of the public defense of the thesis; the thesis is a carefully-argued scholarly paper, written under the guidance of an advisor, which gives students the opportunity to demonstrate their expertise in the chosen research area. The organization of the courses is listed below.
Year 1 - Semester 1
Year 1 - Semester 2
Year 2 - Semester 1
- Electromagnetic compatibility for Industry Applications (6 ECTS credits)
- Electric power system engineering (6 ECTS credits)
- Hybrid and electric vehicles (6 ECTS credits)
- Introduction to robotics (6 ECTS credits)
- Materials science and engineering (6 ECTS credits)
- Applied metallurgy (6 ECTS credits)
- Design of electronic systems (6 ECTS credits)
Each student is required to present the Plan of Study with the list of his/her courses. If the Plan of Study includes exams taken as a part of a study mobility program (for a maximum of 60 ECTS credits), the student must preliminary contact the Coordinator.